Friday, December 20, 2013

She's So the One!

Well, I'm Anonymous #2, and have a little bit to say about yesterday's blog, by Anon.#1.
You might not have read this, but she said she that at one time, she was living in (gasp) sin! I think that now we can all finally relax. As my own mother put it, my mother, a proper lady who refused to recognize certain body parts in much the same way that the United States once refused to recognize China, "Now, dear, we don't have sin anymore."

   She was living with my father at the time, and though that might  sound rather conventional, it wasn't. It wasn't just that they were no longer married. My father had left her, married someone else, and moved with her to Spain. Thirteen years later, that woman died. 
        
   At which point, my father sold his house, packed up his belongings, got on a plane, and moved in with my mother. What could she say, anyway? In addition to there being no sin anymore, she said, of those astonished to see her suddenly on the arm of a man, "Oh, tongues are wagging around here!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment